Release Notes - Version 3.0.019¶
TeamDrive Registration Server version 3.0.019 is the next major release following after version 3.0.018.
Version 3.0.019 contains the following features and notable differences compared to version 3.0.018:
- Support for the new business model introduced with TeamDrive 4 Clients (e.g. full support for trial licenses with an expiration date, restrict Client functionality via settings).
- Numerous enhancements and additions to the Registration Server API, to provide more functionality for integrating with external applications (e.g. web shops).
- Administration Console: added support for the new API calls, added support to manage the new license feature flag “Restricted Client” (which allows to enable configurable Client-side restrictions like the maximum number of Spaces).
- API call
removeuserfromlicensefailed in case of empty
- Added API call
deletelicense. The API call
cancellicensewill set a license to disabled instead of deleted now.
- Administration Console: The workflow of the Create Depot page has been improved and now allows creating default Depots for users that do not yet have a default Depot.
- Administration Console: can set whether or not a user should receive the newsletter when creating and editing users
Change Log - Version 3.0.019¶
- Fixed the key-repository count on the edit-user page (REGSERVER-1020)
- Fixed an issue where the Administration console was not using the correct API functions when adding or removing users from a depot (REGSERVER-1061)
- Fix for handling update notifications between version 3.x and 4.x. 3.x clients will not get a 4.x upgrade notification (REGSERVER-985)
- Can now set the newsletter capability bit when creating and editing users (REGSERVER-1010, REGSERVER-1015, REGSERVER-1008, REGSERVER-1007)
- Added new templates to confirm recieving a newsletter (REGSERVER-1009)
- Handle messages larger 20K to use 1.0 encryption to avoid timeouts (500x faster than 2.x encryption) (REGSERVER-1014, REGSERVER-1012, REGSERVER-418)
- Fixed bug caused by WEB_PORTAL_IP handling (REGSERVER-969)
- Administration Console: Support Host Server version 3.0.010 (REGSERVER-976)
- Extend TDNSRequest to handle provider code returned from TDNS (REGSERVER-980)
- Handling update notifications between version 3.x and 4.x. 3.x clients will not get a 4.x upgrade notification (REGSERVER-985)
- Activation code length for email change reduced (same logic as requesting a new password)
- API: upgradedefaultlicense and downgradedefaultlicense accepts the feature strings instead of license bits
- Administration Console: It is now possible to edit the list of users belonging to a Space Depot on the user editing page (REGSERVER-905). Editing of Depots (change limits, delete, activate, etc.) now takes place in a separate dialogue.
- Administration Console: fixed a bug that could cause entries in the license- change history to appear in the wrong order (REGSERVER-943)
- API: Function setreference() use newreference XML tag (REGSERVER-936)
- Fixed access to statistic database (REGSERVER-941)
- API: Added tdnslookup-call (REGSERVER-956)
- API: Fixed searchuser-call (handling user and device status)
- API: Security improvement when to switch distributor
- API: Added WEB_PORTAL_IP to allow API access from the web prtal
- Administration Console: Fixed a bug then when editing licenses, the correct license type will now be displayed.
- Administration Console: Select the ‘yearly’ license type by default when creating licenses.
- Administration Console: Will send the correct license-type identifier to the API when creating TDPS licenses.
- Administration Console: The Administration Console now uses the Registration Server API to enable/disable/wipe users. (REGSERVER-803)
- Administration Console: Added functionality to resend Depot information to the user. (REGSERVER-896)
- Administration Console: You can now filter the license table by expiry date, contract number, and holder email. The contract number and holder email have been added to the table, and the rest of the columns have been compacted slightly to create more space. (REGSERVER-885)
- Administration Console: Trial licenses are marked with a “Trial: <end date>” tag in the “More Details” section of the user overview table, the user editing page, and the license overview. (REGSERVER-891)
- Administration Console: Licenses will now be deleted with the new
deletelicenseAPI function. (REGSERVER-883)
- Administration Console: The user overview will display ‘N/A’ rather than ‘Free’ as the user’s highest license, if the user has no installations yet. (REGSERVER-904)
- Administration Console: The Create Depot page has been reworked to be more straightforward, and will perform better validation to prevent users from different providers getting assigned to the same Depot. The form now also allows creating a depot as the default depot for the selected user. (REGSERVER-700, REGSERVER-907, REGSERVER-913)
- Administration Console: Searching for a username on the main user list is now case insensitive when the entire username is provided. (REGSERVER-906)
- Administration Console: Most of the input forms on the Administration Console will automatically trim leading and trailing whitespace from text fields. (REGSERVER-912)
- API: Fixed a bug in the
wipedevicefunction that prevented the “wipeout pending” flag to be set. (REGSERVER-892)
- API: Fixed a bug in the
sendinvitationfunction that caused additional Depots not longer to be sent to a user’s devices. (REGSERVER-896)
- API: Fixed a bug creating default licenses for a user belonging to a different provider. (REGSERVER-889)
- Installation: Fixed a minor syntax error in RegServerSetup.pbt
- See the 3.0.018.9 (YYYY-MM-DD) change log for additional changes.
- Administration Console: Added support for setting the
restrictedfeature flag on licenses (previously labeled
- Administration Console/Documentation: Updated the TeamDrive logo to the new branding.
- Administration Console: Check a license’s
extreferencebefore allow editing of TDPS licenses. (REGSERVER-855)
- Administration Console: Continue to show only the selected license after
jumping to a specific license in
licenceAdmin.phpand then removing a user from it.
- Administration Console: Licenses are edited strictly via the API, added the Send email button to all forms, made license type editable.
- API: Added new functions:
enableuser, updated API reference documentation accordingly.
- Registration Server: added check to handle an empty
LicenseEmailfield when sending out license change notifications to a provider. (REGSERVER-871)
- See the 3.0.018.7 (2015-03-05) change log for additional changes.
- API: Added new function
setdepartmentto set the department reference for a user.
- Administration Console: Added
<changeinfo>to the following Host Server API calls:
- Registration Server: Fixed bug in returning the Server’s capability bits to the Client.
- See the 3.0.018.6 (2015-02-19) change log for additional changes.
- Initial release (based on 3.0.018.5).